Sunday, October 16, 2005

Robin at Stonehenge


Robin at Stonehenge
Originally uploaded by athens2004blog.

Yes, here's Robin at Stonehenge - the ancient stone monument in the south west of England which is thought to have been used for some sort of religious ceremony and was built 2,800 years ago!

We took the picture as we drove past it (hence the fence) on the way down to visit some friends who live not far away. But I'm sure nobody minded that we didn't stop to look properly - the site gets over a million visitors each year!

(Doesn't the phrase 'hence the fence' just trip off the tongue?)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And A Link Back To Your Web Site Excite You?

Anonymous said...

I spent some time tripping over the phrase "hence the fence", so it's been a while since I said hello! LOL!

Happy Halloween - I think this is a bigger event in the US than England, but correct me if I'm wrong. I'll be dressing up as Harry Potter to hand out candy to the 'trick or treat'-ers (and my dog is dressing up as Dumbledore!)
We both (erm, the dog and I) think the mystery that surrounds Stonehenge is appropriately spooky for this holiday!

Hope all is well with you - KJ in the USA

Anonymous said...

I guess these strange people sending anonymous messages at least give Robin hits. Why can't they reveal themselves properly, just like KJ, Dawn, Eleni, Rob and Co?

Wasn't one of the regulars due to visit Portsmouth for the Trafalgar Celebrations? Any comments on that?

Sarah, Derby