Monday, February 07, 2005

Robin needs you!


Robin's campaign...
Originally uploaded by athens2004blog.

Yes, as the picture shows, me and Robin are back in Athens and had a nice trip down to the old Olympic Stadium today (the one used for the 1896 Olympics and the archery/marathon at the 2004) ones.

And, as you'll see from the picture, he's got a campaign to launch! If you click on the Site Meter below, you'll see that we're just short of our 20,000th visitor to www.athens2004blog.com - in fact, about 80 short as I write this. We normally get between 15-25 visitors a day (of course, it was thousands during the Olympics!) but we're keen to hit the magic 20,000 mark as soon as we can. This is mainly because I get married in Athens in 5 days' time - and I was really hoping to pass it before that.

So, what do me and Robin want you to do? Ask your relatives, friends, colleagues and even enemies to come to the blog (www.athens2004blog.com) in the next couple of days. They don't have to even read any pages when they get here (but it would be lovely if they did), I just want to see if we can push it over the magic 20,000 mark with a burst of visitors.

So go on. Ask a couple of pals to pop to the Blog and let's get past 20,000 by Friday. Then I'll be able to get married with that particular mission accomplished.

Thanks very much. Update tomorrow...

4 comments:

Dawn said...

If I keep visiting, does it count as more than one visit?

Andria said...

This is my first time back since Robin's return. I'm glad he's back, and it looks like you have been keeping him busy. Good luck with the 20,000-glad I could do my part!

Anonymous said...

Alot of us read this blog through the RSS feed without actually clicking through to the home page, I asume that those numbers arent included, so today I clicked through...hope it helps

Anonymous said...

Check out www.bloglines.com, that is one way to manage rss feeds (one of the best) it explains it all there.